👤 About me
Hello! I am Joel, I am just a guy who likes tech, FOSS and many other things. I was born in Mexico where I still live. I am currently studying Mechatronics Engineering. Here are some quick things about me:
My username (or nickname?) comes from Chrono, which is the main character of Chrono Trigger, a JRPG released in 1995 for the SNES, it is my favorite game, I actually played it on my PSP, which I got as a gift in 2012, which was quite a year, also, 12 is the day of my birthday, so yeah,
joelchrono12. I changed it from
joeligj12, which is my Fosstodon username, because most streamers on Twitch struggle to pronounce it in English,
igj are the first letters of my full name, but Chrono is cooler.
I use Linux, and the distribution currently installed on my computer is Void Linux.
My current smartphone is using Arrow OS, as custom rom, but I switch roms from time to time. I am interested on switchin to LineageOS soon or maybe not, depending on my laziness.
I can solve a Rubik’s cube in less than 20 seconds, my record is of 9.81 seconds.
I have made some videogames using the Godot engine, but I am still not that advanced in my opinion. I have participated in around 4 game jams, some of which were successful. You can play them check them on my itch.io profile or access them directly on my front page.
🍿 Hobbies & Interests
- 🃏 Card Magic
- 📱 Android Customization
- ⌚ Speedcubing
- 📃 Origami
- 🎹 Piano & guitar
- 💻 Linux
- 📖 Reading
- 🕹️ Game development
- 🌐 Web development
💬 Get in touch
- 🐘 Mastodon - This is my main social media of choice, I post often and I am quite active too. I am This is my main social media of choice, I post often and I am quite active too. You are probably already following me, but if you arent, make sure to do so!
- ✉️ Email - I started using email more often now, you can send me an ecrypted email using my public PGP Key, download it here, I would appreciate if you use said encryption.
- 🕹 Itch.io - This is my itch page. Itch.io its a website used to host games and game jams. You can access all of my games, which are not masterpieces, but still a bit of fun. Follow me there if you are interested in following updates and releases of my game projects.
- 🛩 Telegram -If you want to have a chat with me, this is where I am at. It is not the most private messaging service in the world, I know, but it still has a lot of features, and you can contact me without having to share phone numbers.
- 💻 GitHub - Here you can check out some of my projects, there are not a lot, but I still would love to try stuff out and contribute how I can.
📰 About this page
This page was the result of going into Mastodon and getting inspired by the Fosstodon community to start my own blog. Here I can share my thoughts without having to give away too much of me to companies such as Google or Facebook.
I have used Jekyll to generate this site, and I use simple.css as a framework, where I have customized the style to fit my taste.
The website source is hosted on Github and the site itself is deployed using Netlify.